Marinated Artichokes on Puff Pastry with White Cheddar
- 2 (6oz) jars of artichokes, drained, squeezed of liquid and chopped
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lb sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
This is a delicious super simple crowd pleasing appetizer.
- Drain marinade from 1 jar of the artichokes. Add the marinade to a saute pan.
- Drain the other jar of artichokes and discard the marinade.
- Squeeze the liquid from the artichokes and coarsely chop and add to the saute pan.
- Add the garlic and onions to the saute pan and using medium high heat saute until onions are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry and using a fork poke holes all over.
- Combine eggs, bread crumbs and stir in the cheese, parsley, artichoke hearts. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the puff pastry and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into small squares and serve immediately.