Marinated Artichokes on Puff Pastry with White Cheddar
|2 (6oz) jars of artichokes, drained, squeezed of liquid and chopped|
|1 sheet of frozen puff pastry|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 eggs, beaten|
|1/4 cup dried bread crumbs|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1/2 lb sharp white cheddar cheese|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
This is a delicious super simple crowd pleasing appetizer.
- Drain marinade from 1 jar of the artichokes. Add the marinade to a saute pan.
- Drain the other jar of artichokes and discard the marinade.
- Squeeze the liquid from the artichokes and coarsely chop and add to the saute pan.
- Add the garlic and onions to the saute pan and using medium high heat saute until onions are soft. Stirring occasionally.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry and using a fork poke holes all over.
- Combine eggs, bread crumbs and stir in the cheese, parsley, artichoke hearts. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the puff pastry and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into small squares and serve immediately.