Poached Red Snapper with Leeks
|1/2 cup butter|
|6 shallots, minced|
|2 lbs of skin on snapper fillets. (4 fillets)|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|5 leeks, white parts only, julienne|
|2 cups dry vermouth|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|dash of paprika|
This recipe poaches snapper in vermouth and gives a wonderful flavor.
- Melt 3 tbs of butter in a large saute pan, large enough to hold all 4 fillets.
- Add the shallots and fillets, skin side down.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the leeks and vermouth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- With a slotted spatula, carefully lift fillets onto a heated serving platter.
- Cook liquid mixture, uncovered over high heat until sauce is reduced by half.
- Stir in remaining butter and pour over fillets.
- Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with paprika.