Spicy Italian Macaroni and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or pasta shells
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- 3 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 lb of pepperoni sliced
- 1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 lb of ripe olives, halved
- lettuce or other salad greens
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a spicy Italian Macaroni Salad that contains, elbow macaroni, pepperoni, tomatoes, green peppers, ripe olives and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse and cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and olive in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the pasta and all other ingredients except for the lettuce and olives. Gently mix.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place lettuce leaves on a large platter or on individual plates.
- Add the pasta salad and garnish with olive halves if desired.