Spicy Italian Macaroni and Mozzarella Salad
|1 and 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or pasta shells|
|3/4 cup of mayonnaise|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|2 large tomatoes cut into wedges|
|3 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|1/4 lb of pepperoni sliced|
|1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch cubes|
|1/2 cup green pepper, chopped|
|2 tbs chopped red onion|
|1/4 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 lb of ripe olives, halved|
|lettuce or other salad greens|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a spicy Italian Macaroni Salad that contains, elbow macaroni, pepperoni, tomatoes, green peppers, ripe olives and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse and cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and olive in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the pasta and all other ingredients except for the lettuce and olives. Gently mix.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place lettuce leaves on a large platter or on individual plates.
- Add the pasta salad and garnish with olive halves if desired.