Apple Spice Bread
|1 and 1/3 cups flour|
|3/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp cloves|
|1 cup, plus 1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 cups apples, peeled and finely chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
This slightly sweet and spicy bread with apples and walnuts that is perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup sugar with oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla, then apples and nuts.
- Stir in flour mixture then pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- After the bread has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle top of bread with 1 tsp of sugar.
- Return to oven and finish baking.