Baked Blue Fish with Garlic Capers and Savory Herbs
- 1 lb of blue fish fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tbs capers
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- lemon wedges for serving
Blue fish is an oily fish that takes well to baking. Serves 2.
- Heat oil in sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Add clove, basil, salt, pepper, paprika, white wine and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange bluefish fillets in a flat baking dish.
- Pour sauce over fillets.
- Sprinkle with olives and capers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove foil for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.