Baked Mackerel with Garlic Capers and Savory Herbs
|1 lb of mackerel fillets|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 whole clove|
|1/4 tsp thyme|
|1 tsp basil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp paprika|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|4 medium tomatoes, chopped|
|2 tbs ripe olives, sliced|
|2 tbs capers|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|lemon wedges for serving|
Mackerel is an oily fish that takes well to baking.
- Heat oil in sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Add clove, basil, salt, pepper, paprika, white wine and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange fillets in a flat baking dish.
- Pour sauce over fillets.
- Sprinkle with olives and capers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove foil for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.