|1/4 cup white wine vinegar|
|2 tbs shallots, minced|
|1 tbs fresh tarragon or 1 tsp dried tarragon|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 egg yolks|
|1 cup of unsalted butter|
|2 tbs heavy cream|
This is the classic rich Bearnaise sauce.
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Over very low heat, whisk egg yolks into mixture until it thickens.
- Whisk in butter 1 tbs at a time.
- Add cream and combine with a whisk.
- Serve over fish or chicken.