- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs shallots, minced
- 1 tbs fresh tarragon or 1 tsp dried tarragon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs heavy cream
This is the classic rich Bearnaise sauce.
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Over very low heat, whisk egg yolks into mixture until it thickens.
- Whisk in butter 1 tbs at a time.
- Add cream and combine with a whisk.
- Serve over fish or chicken.