- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
This is a delicious salad with broccoli, cheese and salty bacon.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove florets to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain the broccoli and toss with the cheese and onion and refrigerate.
- Just before serving combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar and toss with the broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- For a vegetarian dish, you may omit the bacon.