Broccoli Cheese Salad
|1 head of broccoli, cut into florets|
|1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled|
This is a delicious salad with broccoli, cheese and salty bacon.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove florets to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain the broccoli and toss with the cheese and onion and refrigerate.
- Just before serving combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar and toss with the broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- For a vegetarian dish, you may omit the bacon.