|1 and 1/2 lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 lb of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/3 cup green pepper, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/2 cup parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1 16 oz can of tomatoes|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|1/2 cup chopped scallions|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1/2 tsp ground cloves|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 cup rice, uncooked|
This is a Cajun version of Jambalaya.
- Cut sausage into 1/4 slices and saute in the bottom of a large sauce pan.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add olive oil to sausage drippings and saute green pepper, garlic, onion, parsley and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, scallions, seasonings, rice and sausage.
- Cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir until it turns pink.
- Transfer to oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.