- 1 and 1/2 lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 16 oz can of tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
This is a Cajun version of Jambalaya.
- Cut sausage into 1/4 slices and saute in the bottom of a large sauce pan.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add olive oil to sausage drippings and saute green pepper, garlic, onion, parsley and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, scallions, seasonings, rice and sausage.
- Cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir until it turns pink.
- Transfer to oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.