- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 3 tbs parsley, minced
- 2 tsp thyme, crushed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cracker meal
This is a super simple way to prepare chicken breasts.
- Melt all but 3 tbs of butter with lemon juice, peel, parsley and thyme.
- Chill in a bowl until firm.
- Pound chicken breasts between waxed paper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a tbs of chilled butter mixture in the center of each breast and roll breast around the butter mixture. Secure with tooth picks if necessary.
- Coat with flour, dip into beaten egg and roll in cracker meal.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Melt 3 tbs of butter and drizzle over chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.