|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|3/4 cup of unsalted butter|
|juice and grated peel of 1 lemon|
|3 tbs parsley, minced|
|2 tsp thyme, crushed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup flour|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 cup cracker meal|
This is a super simple way to prepare chicken breasts.
- Melt all but 3 tbs of butter with lemon juice, peel, parsley and thyme.
- Chill in a bowl until firm.
- Pound chicken breasts between waxed paper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a tbs of chilled butter mixture in the center of each breast and roll breast around the butter mixture. Secure with tooth picks if necessary.
- Coat with flour, dip into beaten egg and roll in cracker meal.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Melt 3 tbs of butter and drizzle over chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.