|4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs flour|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 lb of mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|3 tbs capers|
|4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
This is a classic Piccata preparation.
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt pepper and flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Brown chicken on both sides in 1 tbs of butter and 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil to a saute pan and saute mushrooms.
- Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add white wine and lemon juice to juice in skillet.
- De glaze pan and simmer, reducing for a few minutes.
- Add capers and Parmesan.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and garnish with lemon slices.