- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbs capers
- 4 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
This is a classic Piccata preparation.
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt pepper and flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Brown chicken on both sides in 1 tbs of butter and 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil to a saute pan and saute mushrooms.
- Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add white wine and lemon juice to juice in skillet.
- De glaze pan and simmer, reducing for a few minutes.
- Add capers and Parmesan.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and garnish with lemon slices.