Classic Minestrone Soup
|4 cups of chicken stock (you may use beef stock if desired)|
|3 slices of chopped bacon|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup water if needed|
|1(6 oz) can of tomato paste|
|1 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups sliced zucchini|
|1/2 cup dried macaroni|
|2 cups Parmesan cheese|
This is the classic Minestrone soup with pasta and beans.
- Cook bacon in a large sauce pan over medium high heat until crispy.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Drain.
- Add the broth, beans and water, tomato paste, oregano.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add zuchinni and pasta and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes until pasta is done.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan.