Creamy Spinach Casserole
|4 lbs of fresh spinach or 5 packages of frozen spinach, thawed|
|1 cup onions, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup plain bread crumbs|
|1 tsp marjoram|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
This is a wonderful way to prepare spinach.
- Trim fresh spinach and steam until just wilted.
- Press excess moisture from spinach.
- Saute’ onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients except cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.