Sesame Crusted Salmon with Papaya
|2 lbs of salmon filet, cut into quarters|
|2 ripe papaya|
|1/2 cup white port wine|
|4 cups of heavy cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 ozs of sesame seeds|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
- Peel and remove seeds from papayas.
- Reserve 1 papaya for garnish.
- Coarsely chop 1 papaya and place in a sauce pan with the white port and 1/2 bunch of basil.
- Simmer until port has almost evaporated.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by one third.
- Puree’ sauce in a food processor or blender.
- Strain and season with salt, set aside.
- Dredge salmon fillets in sesame seeds.
- Saute salmon in olive oil until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. Take care not to over cook.
- Quarter the reserved papaya and slice each quarter into a fan.
- Divide sauce among dinner plates.
- Top each with a salmon fillet and garnish with papaya and sprigs of basil.