Steak in Mustard and Cognac Sauce
|4 beef tenderloins, about 8 oz each|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs shallots, minced|
|2 tbs cognac or brandy|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
This is a delicious French sauce that is wonderful with steak.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.Make sure beef is close to room temperature.
- Heat a large saute pan until very hot.
- Sear tenderloins for 4 minutes then turn over and sear for an additional 4 minutes or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Remove beef from pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan a saute’ shallots for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cognac and stock.
- Bring to a boil and stir in mustard.
- Pour sauce over beef and garnish with parsley.