Steak in Mustard and Cognac Sauce
- 4 beef tenderloins, about 8 oz each
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs shallots, minced
- 2 tbs cognac or brandy
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
This is a delicious French sauce that is wonderful with steak.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.Make sure beef is close to room temperature.
- Heat a large saute pan until very hot.
- Sear tenderloins for 4 minutes then turn over and sear for an additional 4 minutes or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Remove beef from pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan a saute’ shallots for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cognac and stock.
- Bring to a boil and stir in mustard.
- Pour sauce over beef and garnish with parsley.