Broiled Swordfish with Barbecue Sauce
- 3 lbs swordfish steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 5 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
A delicious way to serve swordfish.
- Wash steaks and dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Arrange steaks on a greased rack in a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn fish and dot with 1 tbs of butter and broil for 7 minutes longer
- To make the barbecue sauce add 3 tbs of butter to a medium saute pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- To serve spoon over swordfish.