Broiled Swordfish with Barbecue Sauce
|3 lbs swordfish steaks, about 3/4 inch thick|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|5 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup green pepper|
|1/2 cup chili sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|2 tbs light brown sugar|
|1 tsp dry mustard|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 cup water|
A delicious way to serve swordfish.
- Wash steaks and dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Arrange steaks on a greased rack in a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn fish and dot with 1 tbs of butter and broil for 7 minutes longer
- To make the barbecue sauce add 3 tbs of butter to a medium saute pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- To serve spoon over swordfish.