Chinese Stir Fried Shrimp with Vegetables
|1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|2 tbs of canola oil|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|dash of white pepper|
|6 scallions, cut on the bias in 1 inch pieces (white and green parts|
|handful of bean sprouts|
|2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch batons|
- Mix shrimp with cornstarch and sherry.
- In a wok or large saute pan add canola and sesame oil and using high heat add the shrimp and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside
- Season with a dash of white pepper and remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add soy sauce and more oil if necessary.
- Add scallions, carrots and bean sprouts and stir fry for about 2 minutes then add the shrimp and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve with white rice.