Easy Hollandaise Sauce
|3 egg yolks|
|6 tbs of unsalted butter, melted|
|1/3 cup boiling water|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|dash of kosher salt|
|dash of cayenne pepper|
This is a classic Hollandaise sauce that is super simple to prepare.
- In the top of a double broiler, whisk egg yolks.
- Slowly whisk in butter.
- Gradually add water, whisking constantly.
- Cook, whisking over barely simmering water, just until thickened
- Remove double broiler from hot water.
- Gradually be in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep hot over warm water until serving.