Easy Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tbs of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- dash of kosher salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
This is a classic Hollandaise sauce that is super simple to prepare.
- In the top of a double broiler, whisk egg yolks.
- Slowly whisk in butter.
- Gradually add water, whisking constantly.
- Cook, whisking over barely simmering water, just until thickened
- Remove double broiler from hot water.
- Gradually be in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep hot over warm water until serving.