Homemade Dill Pickles
|10 to 12 pickling cucumbers|
|5 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tsp dill seeds|
|1/2 cup white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp black peppercorns|
|1 tbs pickling spice|
|3 cloves garlic|
|5 cups water|
|4 sprigs of dill|
Dill pickles are easy to make at home. Try to use in-season pickling cucumbers.
- Combine all the brine ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then pour over Jared pickles.
- Place the dill and cucumbers in a large jar just large enough to hold them and the brine.
- Pour the brine over the cucumbers.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 weeks or until they are completely flavored by the herbs and spices.