Homemade Dill Pickles
- 10 to 12 pickling cucumbers
- 5 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbs pickling spice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 cups water
- 4 sprigs of dill
Dill pickles are easy to make at home. Try to use in-season pickling cucumbers.
- Combine all the brine ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then pour over Jared pickles.
- Place the dill and cucumbers in a large jar just large enough to hold them and the brine.
- Pour the brine over the cucumbers.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 weeks or until they are completely flavored by the herbs and spices.