Mushroom Cream Sauce
|1/4 lb of button or mixed mushrooms, chopped|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs of dry sherry|
This is a sauce that goes well with beef or chicken.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Slowly add the half and half and stir until smooth.
- Return to heat and bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sherry.
- Serve draped over beef.