Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1/4 lb of button or mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs flour
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 tbs of dry sherry
This is a sauce that goes well with beef or chicken.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Slowly add the half and half and stir until smooth.
- Return to heat and bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sherry.
- Serve draped over beef.