Alaska Sole Florentine
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup pancetta or 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 4 Alaska Sole fillets
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 ozs baby spinach
- 1 can (4oz) of chopped olives
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a large saute pan.
- Add garlic and pancetta and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove pancetta from pan and set aside.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Brush both sides of fillets with remaining oil.
- Place fillets in pan and cook uncovered, over medium high heat for about 3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Turn fillets over and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook just until fish is opaque.
- Remove fillets to a platter and keep warm.
- Add water, spinach and pancetta to pan.
- Cover and cook a few minutes, just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir to blend flavors.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.