Alaska Sole Florentine
|2 tbs olive oil, divided|
|2 tsp chopped garlic|
|1/4 cup pancetta or 1/4 cup crumbled bacon|
|4 Alaska Sole fillets|
|1 tsp lemon pepper|
|1/4 cup water|
|10 ozs baby spinach|
|1 can (4oz) of chopped olives|
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a large saute pan.
- Add garlic and pancetta and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove pancetta from pan and set aside.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Brush both sides of fillets with remaining oil.
- Place fillets in pan and cook uncovered, over medium high heat for about 3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Turn fillets over and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook just until fish is opaque.
- Remove fillets to a platter and keep warm.
- Add water, spinach and pancetta to pan.
- Cover and cook a few minutes, just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir to blend flavors.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.