Grilled Halibut Steaks
- 4 halibut steaks
- olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- compound butter of your choice (use search engine "butter")
Halibut takes wonderfully to grilling over charcoal. It is especially good spread with you choice of compound butter.
- Prepare flavored butter of your choice, set aside.
- Rub fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place fish over hot coals and grill until fish is opaque. Total about 6 minutes or 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to a warm serving platter and place a dollop of butter atop.