Grilled Peach Salad with Spinach and Red Onion Vinaigrette
|1/2 package of fresh spinach|
|3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp|
|2 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|2 tbs red onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|2 peaches, halved, pitted and quartered|
|1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled|
- Whisk 3 tbs olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add onion and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush peach slices with remaining tsp of olive oil.
- Grill peaches over a medium hot fire, or on a stove top grill pan over medium heat, until lightly browned. About 4 or 5 minutes.
- combine spinach, peaches and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette, gently and toss to coat.