Halibut Tortilla Lasagna
|1 and 1/2 lbs of Halibut fillets|
|1 (12oz) jar of salsa or home made|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|4 tbs olive oil, divided|
|1/3 cup flour|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|16 corn tortillas|
|3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the Halibut into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the Halibut and garlic and cook until the fish is opaque.
- Remove the fish from the pan and add the remaining 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Add the flour and stir continuously to make a smooth mixture (roux).
- Add the broth a little at a time and stir until thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the half and half, cayenne and salsa a cook until heated through.
- Layer in a baking pan the sauce, tortillas (you may need to cut them to fit the pan), halibut.
- Repeat and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.