- 1 liter bottle of good quality vodka
- 1 lb of raspberries
- 1 lb of sugar
This recipe is truly a labor of love as the liqueur takes two months to cure properly. However it is well worth the wait.
- Put all ingredients in a large glass container.
- Stir well and cover with aluminum foil, laying it loosely on top for several days.
- Stir well three or 4 times daily, until sugar is dissolved.
- Leave it covered for two months at room temperature.
- Strain through cheesecloth and pour into bottles.
- If the raspberries are not mashed during straining they are good eaten with ice cream or plain.