Sour Cream Raisin Squares
|1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|2 cups flour|
|2 cups oats|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|4 egg yolks|
|2 cups sour cream|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 and 1/2 cups raisins|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture. (the mixture will be crumbly)
- Set aside 2 cups then pat the remaining crumbs into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool but don’t turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine the filling ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour and spread over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool before cutting into squares.