Szechuan Alaska Cod
- 4 Alaska cod fillets (6 to 8 oz) each
- 2 tbs Szechuan hot chili paste
- 2 tbs rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Blend chili paste, wine and sesame oil.
- Brush the mixture on to cod fillets.
- Top with sliced scallions.
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large pan.
- Turn off heat and place a Chinese bamboo steamer, wire basket or vegetable steamer in pan.
- Place cod fillets in the steamer and return water to a boil.
- Cover pan loosely and cook just until fish is opaque throughout. About 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute