Szechuan Alaska Cod
|4 Alaska cod fillets (6 to 8 oz) each|
|2 tbs Szechuan hot chili paste|
|2 tbs rice wine or dry sherry|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|1 cup sliced scallions|
|2 tbs sesame seeds|
- Blend chili paste, wine and sesame oil.
- Brush the mixture on to cod fillets.
- Top with sliced scallions.
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large pan.
- Turn off heat and place a Chinese bamboo steamer, wire basket or vegetable steamer in pan.
- Place cod fillets in the steamer and return water to a boil.
- Cover pan loosely and cook just until fish is opaque throughout. About 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute