Apple Chicken Stir Fry
- 1b boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion, vertically sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch batons
- 4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 1 medium baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Add 2 tbs oil in a wok or large saute pan using medium high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs of oil to the pan and add the onion carrots until the carrots are tender.
- Add pea pods and basil, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and mix well
- Remove from heat and add apple and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.