Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 cup of jasmine rice, cook according to package directions
- 1/2 lb of chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 4 scallions, cut into diagonal pieces
- 1 carrot, but into batons
- 1 tbs sesame seeds soy
- 2 ts sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbs canola oil
One of the keys to great fried rice is to cook the rice the day before, then refrigerate.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add 1 tbs canola oil to a saute or wok using high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden all over and cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add another tbs of canola oil to the pan and add the garlic, scallions, carrot and ginger.
- Stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce sauce , sesame oil and sesame seeds and chicken.
- Stir fry until combined.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Recipe may be doubled.