Chicken Fried Rice
|1 cup of jasmine rice, cook according to package directions|
|1/2 lb of chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch chunks.|
|4 scallions, cut into diagonal pieces|
|1 carrot, but into batons|
|1 tbs sesame seeds soy|
|2 ts sesame oil|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 tsp ginger|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tbs canola oil|
One of the keys to great fried rice is to cook the rice the day before, then refrigerate.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add 1 tbs canola oil to a saute or wok using high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden all over and cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add another tbs of canola oil to the pan and add the garlic, scallions, carrot and ginger.
- Stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce sauce , sesame oil and sesame seeds and chicken.
- Stir fry until combined.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Recipe may be doubled.