Pineapple and Orange Appetizer with Curry Mayonnaise
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 (12oz) can of Mandarin oranges or tangerines
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise, scoop pineapple out of 1 half and cut into chunks and reserve the shell along with the green tops. This will be the vehicle for the fruit.
- Remove pineapple from other half and cut into chunks.
- Using wooden toothpicks spear together a pineapple chunk and an orange segment.
- Place fruit kebabs inside of the reserved pineapple shell.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, curry powder, garlic powder, orange peel and onion powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve artfully place the pineapple on a lettuce lined platter along with the dipping sauce.