Shrimp and Lime Cocktail with Lemon
- 2 lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Add shrimp to a large sauce pan with boiling water.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and add to an ice bath.
- Remove shrimp, dry with paper towels.
- To a large bowl add the shallots, lime juice, ketchup, white wine, lime peel, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix well.
- Add shrimp and mix.
- Refrigerate covered for at least four hours.
- To serve place shrimp on a lettuce lined platter with the marinade in a small bowl in the middle.
- Serve with tooth picks for dipping.