Tomato and Celery Soup
|1 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|1/2 cup celery, minced|
|1 tbs flour|
|2 cans (8oz) each tomato sauce|
|1 cup water|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp sugar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs parsley, minced|
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until tender but do not brown.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve hot.