Tomato and Celery Soup
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 cans (8oz) each tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs parsley, minced
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until tender but do not brown.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve hot.