|1/2lb of scallops|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 tbs dried oregano|
|canola oil for shallow frying|
|misc dipping sauces, optional|
- Roughly chop the scallops.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and combine with the Parmesan, garlic, flour and herbs.
- Stir in the scallops.
- Heat several inches oil in a sauce pan. 350 degrees.
- Use about 1 tbs of the batter to form the fritters and add directly to the oil turning once until golden on both sides. about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with various dipping sauces if desired.