Southern Barbecued Ribs
- 4 lbs of spare ribs
- 1 and 1/2 cups light molasses
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tbs A-1 sauce
- 4 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Using a paper towel remove silver skin from the back of the ribs.
- Combine molasses, lemon juice, A-1 sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and garlic. Mix well.
- Add ribs to a shallow baking dish.
- Pour marinade over ribs, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once of twice.
- Remove ribs from marinade and drain well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on a grill about six inches above gray coals. You may add a few wood chunks if desired.
- Baste well with sauce, and turn ribs every 10 minutes.
- Ribs should take about 1 hour to cook.
- Alternatively ribs may be baked in a 350 degree oven.