Southern Barbecued Ribs
|4 lbs of spare ribs|
|1 and 1/2 cups light molasses|
|3/4 cup lemon juice|
|4 tbs A-1 sauce|
|4 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
- Using a paper towel remove silver skin from the back of the ribs.
- Combine molasses, lemon juice, A-1 sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and garlic. Mix well.
- Add ribs to a shallow baking dish.
- Pour marinade over ribs, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once of twice.
- Remove ribs from marinade and drain well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on a grill about six inches above gray coals. You may add a few wood chunks if desired.
- Baste well with sauce, and turn ribs every 10 minutes.
- Ribs should take about 1 hour to cook.
- Alternatively ribs may be baked in a 350 degree oven.