Butterflied Grilled Cornish Game Hens
|2 Cornish game hens|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tbs Dijon Mustard|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp of dried thyme or 4 tsp of fresh|
- Butterfly game hens by cutting out the back bone with kitchen shears. Wash and dry.
- Rub skin and meat sides with olive and Dijon mustard.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Allow to marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place hens over hot coals skin side down and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes,
- Turn over hens and grill the second side for another 7 minutes or until done.
- Hens should be 165 degrees.