Butterflied Grilled Cornish Game Hens
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbs Dijon Mustard
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of dried thyme or 4 tsp of fresh
- Butterfly game hens by cutting out the back bone with kitchen shears. Wash and dry.
- Rub skin and meat sides with olive and Dijon mustard.
- Season both sides with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Allow to marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place hens over hot coals skin side down and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes,
- Turn over hens and grill the second side for another 7 minutes or until done.
- Hens should be 165 degrees.