|6 skinless chicken thighs|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|1 package of Kielbasa or Andouille sausage|
|1 lb of country ham, cut into cubes|
|1 (12oz) can of hominy, drained|
|2 cans of diced tomatoes|
|1 can black beans|
|1 medium onion chopped|
|1 medium red pepper chopped|
|1/2 cup of celery chopped|
|2 cups of mushrooms, slice|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp red pepper|
|1 tsp gumbo file|
|1 tsp thyme|
|Chicken broth as needed|
|2 cups white rice.|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a stock pot, add a little oil and brown the chicken thighs on both sides.
- Stir in the sausage and ham and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the celery onions, peppers and garlic.
- Add the hominy, tomatoes, black beans,mushrooms and the seasonings.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover.
- Simmer partially covered for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.