Mexican Seafood Salad
|1 lb of Octopus, cleaned and cut into 1 inch portions|
|1 lb of Squid, cleaned and cut into rings|
|1 lb of small cooked shrimp|
|1 cup of celery, diced|
|1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This a flavorful salad that contains, octopus, squid and shrimp along with fresh vegetables.
- Add the octopus to a large sauce pan of boiling water.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour or until tender.
- Once the octopus is done add the squid to the boiling water and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove octopus and squid from water and add to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- In a large non metal bowl add the octopus, squid, shrimp and all other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve in non metal bowls.