Pork and Shrimp Dim Sum
- 1/4 lb of ground pork
- 1/4 lb of shrimp, peeled deveined and finely minced
- 2 (oz) bamboo shoots, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper (Thai, Serrano, or jalapeno)
- 50 won tom wrappers
- soy sauce for dipping
- Put the ground pork, shrimp, scallions, mushrooms, celery, pepper, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot chilie in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the center of each Wonton wrapper.
- Brush the edges with a little water, then gather the wrapper around the filling to form an pouch, slightly open at the top.
- Steam the wonton’s in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pot of simmering water for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with soy sauce.