Thai Beef Salad in Cucumber Cups
|1/3 cup soy sauce|
|1/3 cup lime juice|
|1 red chili, finely sliced|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|1/2 lb of beef fillet|
|1/2 stem lemon grass, white part only, chopped|
|1/4 cup lime juice|
|2 fresh red chilies, sliced|
|3 tbs fresh mint leaves, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs fish sauce|
- Mix together the marinade ingredients, except for the beef and cucumbers.
- Put the beef in a non metallic bowl, pour in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Allow the meat to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat a barbecue grill and cook the beef. For medium rare cook about out 7 minutes turning once.(depending on thickness)
- Allow beef to cool, then finely slice into thin strips and mix with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers and slice about 1 and 1/2 inches thick.
- Using a melon baller, scoop our the flesh from each slice to make a cup about 1/2 inch thick.
- Fill each cup with the Thai beef salad.