Thai Fish Cakes
|1 lb of firm white fish fillets|
|2 tsp of lime zest,|
|2 tsp of lime zest or 4 Kaffir lime leaves|
|1 tbs of fresh basil, chopped|
|2 tbs red curry paste|
|1/4 lb of green beans, thinly sliced, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|2 scallions, thinly sliced|
|oil for shallow frying|
|1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|3tbs sweet chili sauce|
|2 tbs rice vinegar|
|1 tbs chopped unsalted roasted peanuts|
|1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
- Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce and set aside.
- Briefly pulse the fish in the food processor until smooth.
- Add the lime zest, basil, curry paste and process for another 10 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add the beans and scallions and mix well.
- Wet your hands and form level tbs of the mixture into small patties.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the fish cakes in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.