Chili Burgers with Worcestershire Grilled Onions
|2 and 1/2 lbs of ground chuck|
|1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup salsa|
|3 tbs of chili powder|
|2 tbs fresh garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 large sweet onions|
|3 tbs canola oil|
|2 tbs Worcestershire|
|black pepper to taste|
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Form into 10 hamburger patties.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on hamburger rolls with lettuce, tomato and grilled onions.
- For the grilled onions, core the bloom end of each onion and peel off the outer layers.
- Place the onions in a zip lock bag and pour in the oil and Worcestershire sauce along with the pepper.
- Coat the onions completely.
- Remove the onions from the bag (reserving the marinade) and place on a warm covered grill.
- Grill slowly for 25-35 minutes, basting with the marinade every 5 minutes.
- Quarter onions before serving and drape over the burgers.
- You may serve burgers as is or you may place atop hamburger buns.