Crispy Rice Noodle Cakes with Sesame Vegetables
- 3/4 lb of rice noodles
- oil for shallow frying
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into match sticks
- 2 zuchinni, cut into match sticks
- 4 scallions, cut into match sticks
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- Soak the rice noodles for 3 minutes in boiling water, then drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan, over medium heat.
- Shape tablespoons of the noodles into flat discs and shallow fry in batches for 3 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In another saute pan or wok, heat the sesame oil and stir fry the vegetables for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until slightly softened.
- Stir in the oyster sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the cakes and top with the vegetables.