Crispy Rice Noodle Cakes with Sesame Vegetables
|3/4 lb of rice noodles|
|oil for shallow frying|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|2 carrots, cut into match sticks|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into match sticks|
|2 zuchinni, cut into match sticks|
|4 scallions, cut into match sticks|
|1 tbs oyster sauce|
- Soak the rice noodles for 3 minutes in boiling water, then drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan, over medium heat.
- Shape tablespoons of the noodles into flat discs and shallow fry in batches for 3 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In another saute pan or wok, heat the sesame oil and stir fry the vegetables for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until slightly softened.
- Stir in the oyster sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the cakes and top with the vegetables.