Italian Tomato Quiche
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed and pre baked|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, finely diced|
|2 tbs Italian parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs of fresh basil, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cups Canned diced Italian tomatoes, drained|
|3 tsp oregano|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp black pepper|
|4 eggs beaten|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese|
- Thaw the pie crust and pre bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Saute the onion and parsley over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomatoes and oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, cream and milk.
- Add the tomato and onion mixture and combine well.
- Turn the filling int the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees until filling is set.
- Serve warm.