- 1 and 1/4 oz butter
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 12 pitted black olives, finely sliced
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and cook the onions over medium low heat for 20 minutes or until golden a slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the olives, parsley, salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut each pastry in half, then each half into 5 triangles with a base (shortest side) of 3 inches.
- You will have a couple of odd shapes left at each end.
- Place a little onion mixture at the base of each triangle and roll up towards the point, enclosing the filling.
- Curl the ends around to form a croissant shape.
- Place the croissants on a lightly greased baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each croissant with beaten egg, then bake for 20 minutes or until puffed up and golden.