Strawberry Peach Meringue Pie
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup uncooked tapioca|
|1/4 tsp cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced|
|1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced|
|3 large eggs, at room temperature|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp cream of tartar|
|6 tbs super fine sugar|
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the peaches and strawberries and mix well.
- Turn the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pie is hot prepare the meringue.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar, until the mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating until very thick and glossy.
- All the sugar must be dissolved.
- Spread the meringue over the hot pie filling, sealing it to the edge of the crust.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.