Chocolate Kahlua Pound Cake with Chocolate Chip Icing
|1 (2 layer) package pudding-recipe devil's food cake mix|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup vegetable oil|
|3/4 cup water|
|1/4 cup bourbon|
|1/2 cup Kahlua|
|3/4 cup strong black coffee|
|2 tsp baking cocoa|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup evaporated milk|
|1 cup chocolate chips|
- Combine the cake mix, sugar, oil, eggs, water, bourbon, Kahlua, coffee and baking cocoa in a mixer bowl. Beat for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a buttered bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate.
- For the icing, combine the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a sauce pan.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth and adding additional evaporated milk if needed.
- Spread the frosting over the cake.