Coconut Cream Frosting
|1/4 cup butter|
|4 cups flaked coconut|
|1/4 butter softened|
|1 lb cream cheese, softened|
|4 tsp milk|
|7 cups confectioners sugar, sifted|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a sauce pan. Add 4 cups of coconut.
- Cook over low heat until golden brown, stirring constantly. add to a bowl to cool.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter and cream cheese in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and sugar alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, then sir in the coconut.