Fettuccine with Marscapone and Parmesan
|2 large eggs|
|2 tbs Marscapone cheese|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt plus extra for the pasta water|
|1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish|
|1/2 lb of fettuccine noodles|
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add 3 tbs of kosher salt.
- While the water is coming to a boil, whisk the eggs, Marscapone, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and Parmesan in a heat proof mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drop the fettuccine into the pot of boiling water and cook at a full rolling boil, stirring frequently, until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, rest the mixing bowl above the boiling water to warm the mixture.
- Stir frequently to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- When fettuccine is al dente, drain and toss the pasta into the Marscapone mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese, toss well and serve.