- 1 lb of elbow macaroni
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 (7 oz) jars black olives, drained and sliced
- 10 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and let cool.
- Combine the macaroni, onion, green pepper, celery, olives, cheese, celery seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix gently.
- Chill covered overnight.
- Garnish with additional celery seeds.