Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 tbs parsley
- 4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 1 quart half and half
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pint milk
- Add the butter to a large saucepan along with the cream, half and half and milk and bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then add crab meat, old bay.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes or until soup thickens slightly.
- Add parsley, gently mix.