|1 and 1/2 lbs Kielbasa sausage|
|1 large onion, minced|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper|
|1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce|
|2 tsp oregano|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs chopped Italian parsley|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn|
|2 tbs cornstarch|
|1/2 cup cold water|
- Slice the sausage into thin rounds, cut the rounds in half if desired.
- Cook the sausage in a large saucepan just long enough to remove some of the fat. Drain.
- Add the onion and green pepper and garlic to the saucepan.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano and chili powder.
- Add the the corn and beans and mix well. Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Add to the sou op gradually. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Taste for seasoning. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.